The St. Charles music program provides a basic understanding of and appreciation for many types of music. Students learn techniques for listening, reading, and performing music and learn about famous composers and their works. Singing, playing instruments, speech, and movement are used to learn and experience musical concepts.
- Students in grades K-4 participate in the general music program.
- Students in grade 3 learn to play the recorder.
- Students in grade 4 participate in general music but may also join the school band.
- Students in grades 5-8 have the option of participating in band or choir. The middle school choir program is divided into two sections: 5-6 choir and 7-8 choir. The band program is divided into two sections: beginning band and advanced band.
Special musical performances:
- Elementary Patriotic Performance (K-4)
- Advent Service (K-4)
- Christmas Band and Choir Concert (Middle School)
- Spring Band and Choir Concert (Middle School)
- Elementary Spring Concert in Honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary (K-4)
- St. Charles Parish VIP Band Performance (Middle School)
Middle school students who elect to sing in choir meet once a week. Students sing a variety of songs from sacred and secular music, and have the opportunity to sing solos, in small groups or as a whole choir. Students are also given the opportunity to play instruments that accompany a choir piece, or to play a featured solo piece. In the fall, students begin preparing for the Christmas concert, and in the late winter they prepare for the Spring concert. “Singing is like praying twice.” Music is not only a part of academic life at St. Charles, but it’s a part of the spiritual life, too. Students are encouraged to help lead singing at school Masses by being a part of a cantor or schola ensemble for special occasions.
St. Charles School uses the Totino-Grace Fine Arts Academy for its band program. The staff of the Fine Arts Academy are area professionals and directors who are currently on staff at Totino-Grace High School. Students participate in group band as well as small-group lessons. Instruction takes place once a week at St. Charles. Students put on two concerts during the school year: one in December and one in May. Find out more information about band enrollment!
Holiday shopping? Use SCRIP to purchase those gifts! With hundreds of retailers to choose from, SCRIP gift cards make the perfect gift for everyone! Even better, your purchase benefits St. Charles with instant cash back on all orders! In the spirit of giving, order by...
Our 22nd Annual Audrey Puchtel Basketball Classic is Friday, Dec. 14, 2018 WHEN: Friday, December 14, 2018 -- At 4:00 pm, the St. CHARLES GIRLS VARSITY vs. ST. RAPHAEL’S, and at 5:30 P.M. St. CHARLES BOYS VARSITY vs. SAINT JOHN PAUL II. WHERE: St. Charles School...
St. Charles students are donating a puppy to be trained as a service dog for a veteran in need! St. Charles students have purchased a Labrador puppy to donate to Paws Assisting Wounded Warriors (PAWWS) to be trained to help a veteran who’s re-entering civilian...