Share your time and talents!
Each family at St. Charles should volunteer at a minimum of two events throughout the school year. Meet new families, visit with old friends, earn service hours (7th and 8th grade students), and have fun!
The St. Charles Home and School Council relies on parent and student volunteers for events such as the marathon, vision and hearing screening, concessions, hospitality, and much more. You can help make a difference!
Join Home and School Council
The purpose of the Home and School Council is to bring parents together to assist the school administration and staff in parish functions and school activities.
All current parents/guardians are members of the Home and School Council and are welcome to attend meetings and become active volunteers. Each family will be asked to pay yearly dues. The dues and other funds that the council raises through activities are used to enhance our school community by partially or fully covering the costs of special programs and events for the school and school families. Some examples include: 8th grade graduation reception, DARE graduation, school patrol picnic, playground equipment, and busing to special events.
Home and School Council coordinates more than 30 activities throughout the school year. These include events like the used uniform sale, Spirit Wear sales, the annual Marathon, running the concession stand, staff appreciation events, vision/hearing screening, and Kindergarten and 8th grade graduation receptions.
- For more information or to get involved, contact Kelly Stein, the Home and School Council Chairperson
- Support St. Charles with Amazon Smile
- Dine Out for Schools with Parkway Pizza: Parkway Pizza gives 5% to St. Charles every 3rd Tuesday of the Month
Volunteer Requirements: The Enhanced Essential 3 (EE3)
All employees and volunteers who interact with minors, are required to complete and maintain safe environment credentials through the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. The requirements can be completed online at www.virtusonline.org.
To ensure successful completion of the requirements, follow the information below before creating your VIRTUS account. If you have an existing VIRTUS account, contact Ann-Marie Magee at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance so your account can be updated prior to login. Total time commitment: approximately 95 minutes.
- Set aside sufficient time to complete all items without logging out. Incomplete accounts may result in lost data, requiring you to repeat your setup.
- Read and follow the directions on the website in the order presented. Skipping items, fast-forwarding or backing up may corrupt your account and require you to repeat your assignments. You will:
- Complete each registration field as presented on the screen
- Complete the Code of Conduct
- Complete the Background Check application (SSN is required)
- Complete Safe Environment Training (1 module, approximately 75 minutes)
VIRTUS website: www.virtusonline.org (use Google Chrome browser and allow pop-ups for this website)
For more information on the Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements, visit www.safe-environment.archspm.org/essential-3.
Abuse reporting and victim assistance:
Read the Weekly Update 35 - June 3, 2021 for the latest news on what’s happening at St. Charles School. Submissions: To submit an article for the Weekly Update, please send your submission by Tuesday at 2 pm to the school office at email@example.com.
Read the Weekly Update 34 - May 27, 2021 for the latest news on what’s happening at St. Charles School. Submissions: To submit an article for the Weekly Update, please send your submission by Tuesday at 2 pm to the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the Weekly Update 33 - May 20, 2021 for the latest news on what’s happening at St. Charles School. Submissions: To submit an article for the Weekly Update, please send your submission by Tuesday at 2 pm to the school office at email@example.com.