The 4th grade curriculum at St. Charles includes both academic and religious study, including: English/language arts, math, science, social studies, and religion.
Our 4th grade teacher is Jen Villella.
- Main Idea and Details
- Summarize Text
- Predict and Infer
- Compare and Contrast
- Point of View
- Grammar, Mechanics and Usage
- Essay Writing
- Place Value
- Add and Subtract Whole Numbers
- Understand Multiplication and Division
- Multiply with One- and Two-Digit Numbers
- Divide By One Digit Numbers
- Patterns and Sequences
- Fractions and Decimals
- Add and Subtract Fractions
- Perimeter and Area
- Earth Structure and Process
- Human Interaction with Earth and Living Systems
- The Practice of Engineering
- Learn How Each Region of the United States Was Settled
- Learn How the Physical Features and the Resources Found in Each Region in the United States Affect the Region’s Economy
- Learn How to Use a Variety of Maps to Increase Knowledge of the United States
- God and Creation
- Original Sin and God’s Merciful Love
- Jesus as Priest, Prophet and King
- Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy
- The Beatitudes
- The Catholic Church, Hierarchy and Laity
- Grace and the Virtues
- The Seven Sacraments
- The Ten Commandments
- Devotion to Mary
- Advent, Christmas, Lent and Easter
Art, Spanish, Music, Computer, and Physical Education are also incorporated into the curriculum at St. Charles. Find out more about our Specialists here.
The Home and School Council is hosting the annual used uniform sale on August 19 from 5-7pm. We are now accepting gently used uniform donations, including green preschool and kindergarten t-shirts, for the sale. These donations can be dropped off in the bins located...
Are you getting ready for the start of school already? Get your 2019-20 School Supply List and start shopping for back-to-school supplies! See you at Back-to-School Night on Thursday, August 29.
Read the Weekly Update 38 - June 6, 2019 for the latest news on what’s happening at St. Charles School. Submissions: To submit an article for the Weekly Update, please send your submission by Tuesday at 2 pm to the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.