The 4th grade curriculum at St. Charles includes both academic and religious study, including: English/language arts, math, science, social studies, and religion.
Our 4th grade teacher is Jen Villella.
- Main Idea and Details
- Summarize Text
- Predict and Infer
- Compare and Contrast
- Point of View
- Grammar, Mechanics and Usage
- Essay Writing
- Place Value
- Add and Subtract Whole Numbers
- Understand Multiplication and Division
- Multiply with One- and Two-Digit Numbers
- Divide By One Digit Numbers
- Patterns and Sequences
- Fractions and Decimals
- Add and Subtract Fractions
- Perimeter and Area
- Earth Structure and Process
- Human Interaction with Earth and Living Systems
- The Practice of Engineering
- Learn How Each Region of the United States Was Settled
- Learn How the Physical Features and the Resources Found in Each Region in the United States Affect the Region’s Economy
- Learn How to Use a Variety of Maps to Increase Knowledge of the United States
- God and Creation
- Original Sin and God’s Merciful Love
- Jesus as Priest, Prophet and King
- Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy
- The Beatitudes
- The Catholic Church, Hierarchy and Laity
- Grace and the Virtues
- The Seven Sacraments
- The Ten Commandments
- Devotion to Mary
- Advent, Christmas, Lent and Easter
Art, Spanish, Music, Computer, and Physical Education are also incorporated into the curriculum at St. Charles. Find out more about our Specialists here.
Read the Weekly Update 11 - November 15, 2018 for the latest news on what’s happening at St. Charles School. Submissions: To submit an article for the Weekly Update, please send your submission by Tuesday at 2 pm to the school office at...
Intramural Basketball Registration (2nd and 3rd grades) is open! Registration form & more information here! Form is due by November 28. The purpose of this school sponsored program is to teach the 2nd and 3rd grade students basic basketball skills. It will allow...
Now you can plan ahead when you want to place your SCRIP orders! See below for all the dates for this year. Click here for more information about the SCRIP fundraising program!...